We started our trip to Mississippi for Christmas at 2:30 in the morning on Christmas Eve.  One thing I've always loved about my hubs is that he is totally up for spontaneity.  We went out for dinner that night and when we got back home he suggested that he sleep for a few hours and then we leave in the middle of the night.  I had everything pretty much ready to go so why not start the party early? 

We spent Christmas Eve night, like most parents, putting together toys and searching for batteries.  We had reindeer pancakes Christmas morning and then we took Jules out to let her ride her tricycle since the weather stayed in the mid 70s while we were there.  She kept screaming, "Whee-hoo!  Whee-hoo!"  Christmas morning was over so fast.  I can remember begging my parents to let us open presents and what seemed like such a heartless thing, to make us wait, is now clear to me that they were probably just trying to make the magic last a little bit longer.    


We celebrated all week long with family and Juliet loved playing with cousins and getting all the attention.  She spoke more than we've ever heard her speak and that made us so happy.  (I'll write more about our journey with Speech and OT on a later post.)  We spent most of our time outside around the fire pit or riding on the golf cart.  We love going back home where the time moves a little bit slower with very little cell service, for me at least.  It was lovely.



Hat (sold out)  //  Happy Camper sweatshirt  //  Boots





Our tree is still up and I've just now gotten everything unpacked, washed, & put away.  This has to be the best time of year making memories and being with family.  We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with the ones you love.  XOXO

p.s.  Sorry for the blurry pictures.  My digital camera wouldn't focus so I had to use my phone for all my pictures and most of them didn't turn out well.  Better luck next time! :)