Over the past two days, we've mostly stayed inside because of the 2 inches of snow and slush that's frozen on the roads.  However, we did find a pizza place that was open yesterday... Made for a fun napkin lunch while we all unthawed from playing in the snow outside.  To keep from going crazy, I whipped up a few recipes to compliment some foods we had leftover in the fridge. 

 Let's start with dessert, because... why not?  Thursday I made some cream cheese frosting to go on top of lemon pudding that I made earlier in the week.  I wish I would've had some limoncello to add, but no such luck...  


LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1 pkg of cream cheese
1/4 c of sugar
*you can also you powdered sugar or brown sugar*
1/2 Tb of fresh lemon juice 
*or vanilla if you don't want it to have a lemon flavor*
4 Tbs of milk
mix all ingredients until creamy and pipe.
add to cupcakes, cakes, puddings, or cookies.


 Friday for lunch we had wedge salads and I made an awesome dressing to go with it.  


WEDGE SALAD DRESSING
1 c mayonaisse
1/2 c buttermilk
1/2 c sour cream
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
wisk all ingredients together and 
add to wedge salads, caesar salads, pizza, or veggies.

Saturday we had hamburgers and I've always wanted to find a great roasted red potato recipe.  I've tried several, but none had the taste I wanted.  I combined two recipes here to make a brand new one... and I think I'm on to something!  


ROASTED RED POTATO WEDGES
6-8 red potatoes cut into wedges
3 Tbs of flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
*for seasoning I used Zoe's Kitchen's Spice of Life seasoning*
(We use it on so many things... burgers, steaks, veggies, etc.)
If you don't have access to Zoe's Kitchen's seasoning, you can add in 
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried parsley flakes

Add all ingredients into a plastic bag and shake.
Line baking sheet with foil and cover foil with olive oil.
Bake at 450 for 20 mins
Take out and flip all wedges.
Continue baking for another 20 mins. 

Sorry, you've probably all gained 5 lbs just from reading this post... sorry!  Enjoy the last day of the weekend and hopefully the "Sunday blues" won't set in for a least a couple more hours.