Sweet little 1 year old Juliet... This was your special weekend and we've had so much fun celebrating you and all your milestones!  It's been a year full of happy moments, funny moments, those "I just need a minute" moments, and moments of feeling an overwhelming amount of responsibility, but hearing you squeal at the site of your party decorations and balloons made it complete.  
Here's to many more with you baby girl.   


Thank you to everyone that called, texted, posted, sent cards, sent gifts, and celebrated with us!  It was such a fun day.  We wanted to do a party because it was her first, so we just did something small at our house with family.  We did a brunch Saturday morning with forest friends, chicken and waffles, pigs in a blanket, cinnamon rolls, fruit and lots of streamers!


Juliet was actually kind of quiet for most of her party and her little eyes looked as if she didn't feel 100%, but she still smiled and played with everyone. 
And after smearing strawberry sugar all over her brand new white shirt, 
it was time for cake smashing!


Her cake was probably my favorite part of the whole party.  I made it the night before, (twice to be exact).  My first attempt was a gigantic failure... I blame the eggs- two of my layers fell completely apart when I took them out of the oven.  Soooooo, I was at Wal-Mart at 11:30 Friday night getting more cake mix because I was determined to make her cake.  Reason begin, is that it was Juliet's Great-Grandmother's coconut cake recipe.  She always made a coconut cake for her children's (my mom and aunt's) birthdays and I wanted to carry on the tradition for Juliet.  However, my cake was from a Pillsbury box and my coconut milk was from a can but other than that is was pretty much the same.



Her Daddy also built her this beautiful table!  It's very close to the ground with 9" legs so it doesn't require chairs and she can sit or stand on the floor while using it.  We envision many years of drawing, coloring, having tea parties, playing play-doh, and homework on this table!  I couldn't love it more.  Right now she basically uses it to sit on and stack blocks.  


At the end of the party, Juliet watched as I handed handed out goody bags of one of our Fall favorites... caramel popcorn to say "thanks for coming"! 
The party was so fun to plan and I enjoyed every minute of it.  I hope you had fun too, Julie Baby.