Juliet's 2nd month started the day after Christmas.  We were still at my mom's preparing to head back to Charlotte!  We had a wonderful Christmas with family; you can read that post here.  After we returned back home to Charlotte, Juliet had her 2 month check-up on the 29th.  This was the visit I had dreaded for, well, 2 months.  She was to get her first round of vaccinations.  I'm so thankful that we live in a country where these vaccinations are available, but I still hated to see her prodded with needles.  She is a very content and happy baby, so before her shots she had done nothing but smile and coo at her doctor and nurses.  It was terrible to see her go from extremely happy to completely devastated.

Here she is on her puppy pad... ready for her check-up.  HA!  


 Juliet weighed in at 11 lbs 9 oz and measured 24 inches.  I know it sounds cliche, but it really is amazing just how fast babies grow.  She can hold her head up independently now, which makes holding her feel completely different.  We no longer have to support her neck and head constantly.  She has also begun to take a bottle more easily, which is a huge relief.  I did not know what we were going to do, but thankfully she has gotten use to the idea and doesn't mind it so much now.  
My mom arrived at our house on New Year's Day!  She is going to be keeping Juliet while I'm away at work.

She is smiling and cooing more at us (and at her new BFF, the ceiling fan).  So far she has taken two road trips, one to Gran's and one to Asheville to tour Biltmore.  She didn't learn much... she slept through the entire tour.  Not sure where we will go next.  Maybe Charleston for a weekend trip once it gets warmer!  :)  Every Carolina girl has to visit Charleston now and again.

Her reflux has gotten much better.  We are now down to .6 ml once a day, if that!  We have discovered that she loves Winnie the Pooh.  She woke up one morning at 5:30 and wasn't interested in going back to sleep, and since I had to take a shower and get ready for work, I took a chance and played it for her on the iPad.  She coos during the intro song and when it goes off she starts grunting and whining.  Also, she still loves Amos Lee.  She always stops crying when she hears his voice.  Her  favorite lullabies are Jesus Loves Me, Stay Awake from Mary Poppins, Down in the Valley, Red River Valley, & her Daddy sings to her That's Amore in his best Dean Martin voice... she doesn't seem to mind.  Her new favorite toy is her purple glow seahorse that plays music.  It works wonders in the car.  It gets her mind off being in her carseat.

That pretty much covers it.  I hurry home each day to see her and snuggle with her on these cold winter nights.  However, I'm loving being back at work with my colleagues and students.  It really is food for my soul.  It's made me a harder worker actually because I definitely do not want to take anything home.  I manage my time better so that I can get everything done and head home as soon as possible to my sweet girl.  Being a mommy really does change you... for the better.