We made it home, safe and sound from our week long trip to Mississippi for Christmas!  :)  It can be so hard living far away, but it makes it super fun going home to see everyone.  Juliet's first Christmas was very sweet and probably more enjoyable for Joey and me than for her; seeing as she is only 2 months old.  However, we made a big deal out of it anyway.  I'm so not ready for the holidays to be over.  We began our holidays by taking my Mom to see the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC.  Juliet came too and she was an absolute dream.  She got to sit in Santa's lap for the first time and tell him that she had been a very good girl this year!
Here are a few of my favorite shots from the trip.




We also had our Christmas with Joey's family before we left so Juliet got to spend some fun time with her Pappy Joe, Aunts, Uncles, & cousins.  


Getting together also gave Joey's cousin & me a chance to get some adorable pictures of our sweet girls together. 


Don't you just love this one?  It was definitely an accident that I caught this moment... I was simply snapping pictures constantly and this is the reward result.  I should enter it into a "caption this photo" or use it to create some type of meme.  :)

And of coarse, we went to Mississippi for Christmas as well. We opened presents on Christmas Eve Eve night, because we are basically still children and can't ever seem to wait until Christmas morning.  My favorite thing that Juliet received for Christmas was the Mammas and Pappas Stargaze Playmat that my mother bought for her.  She spends 20-30 minutes playing with it each time.  It offers her the opportunity to interact by playing music and lighting up when she kicks.  Most activity gyms only provide baby with far away objects to look at, over-stimulating colors, and none stop annoying music, but this one has relaxing music, muted colors, and toys she can actually interact with using her feet.   


She also received the usual first year gifts, her stocking and stocking mantle hook along with baby's first Christmas ornaments.  It was a week full of lifelong memories and special moments with family... just what Christmas should be.



 It was a blast to celebrate the holiday and share our sweet Juliet with all of her family.  I'm still staring at my decorated Christmas tree and have no will power to take it down... maybe I'll get around to it next year.  I hope you all had a magical and Merry Christmas and I wish you a Happy New Year as well!


Sincerely, 

The Lishias