I've spent most of the summer working on Juliet's nursery.  Previously, we had a very neutral plan for the nursery, which I wrote about here.  After changing our minds on the color of the glider from "dark gray" to "light gray", we changed our minds on the entire color palette of the room.  A few months ago I found this picture on Pinterest and I loved the mix of color... poppy red, blush, and mint green!  The nursery was already mint green so I was half way there.   I felt like the colors matched her name, which made me feel closer to her and like I'm getting to know her already!


I definitely took a risk since it's a very unusual color combination, but I'm still confident that it will be beautiful.  Here is a sneak peak of how it's all coming together.  We bought her dresser on Craig's List and painted it poppy red by Pantone and we are using it for a changing table.  If you follow me on Instagram, you have seen that I lined the 9 drawers of the dresser in 3 fun prints using craft paper from Michaels.  


 Her crib is a Jenny Lind crib and we purchased it from Amazon.  We painted the crib a champagne color and the glider is the Graham glider from West Elm in Dove Gray.  Now begins the fun of picking out and buying all the textiles for the room.



Other additions to the room are actually handmade and cost a whopping $8... Tissue paper poms and a mobile. 
The tissue paper pom poms were very easy to make, but a real pain in the rear to hang!  I used these 3M hooks and hung them with string.  You can click on the link below the picture to watch a video on how to make them.  


*How to make Tissue Paper Pom Poms*

(The picture makes the coral look orange and the gold, green. I think it was the lighting.)


To Do:
Paint room (Opaline by Sherwin Williams)
Purchase all furniture
Buy a rug
Hang shelving (for books)
Stock changing table
Make and hang tissue paper pom poms
Buy and hang artwork
Make mobile
Organize closet
Mount camera for monitor

Still need:  
Humidifier
Trash can
Bed skirt
More pops of poppy red color


Sincerely,

The Lishias